Securing and managing volumes of data is a critical challenge for most businesses. Meeting compliance requirements, safeguarding sensitive information, and sifting through extensive datasets require advanced tools and strategies to successfully navigate data management complexities. Microsoft Azure is one solution, providing advanced security measures, compliance management, and efficient data handling capabilities that can give your organization a competitive edge.
How Microsoft Azure Ensures Data Security
Microsoft’s Azure Purview is a data governance tool that provides cloud-based data discovery, management, and protection, enabling organizations to discover and automatically classify sensitive data, guarantee regulatory compliance, and obtain insights into data assets.
Azure employs a multi-layered approach to ensure data security, integrating various strategies and technologies to safeguard user data, making it a trusted platform for businesses and organizations worldwide.
- Data classification that scans sensitive content and labelled content before you create policies, so you can assess your governance needs.
- Physical security measures like biometric readers, motion sensors, 24/7 surveillance, and strict access controls.
- Network security, including Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack prevention and network layer security using firewalls.
- Encryption of data at rest and in transit.
- Continuous threat protection and monitoring services with tools like Azure Security Center and Azure Sentinel that help identify and respond to potential security threats.
- Data resiliency strategies like geo-replication and automated backups ensure data durability and redundancy and help in data recovery in case of accidental deletion or disaster scenarios.
- Tools and services such as firewalls, secure coding practices, and routine vulnerability assessments to ensure application security.
- User education and awareness practices, including documentation, online resources, and training programs.
- Regular updates and patches that address new vulnerabilities and security threats.
It also helps manage end-to-end data risks and includes tools that support GDPR, CCPA, and other regulatory compliance.
For all its benefits, however, Azure Purview does not manage or enforce policy. For that, you need an AI-powered data access and policy management solution like Velotix to ensure compliance and access to data throughout the data access lifecycle.
Integration of Velotix With Microsoft Azure For Enhanced Data Security
Integrating Velotix into Microsoft Azure allows users to more easily and securely access data while benefiting from reliable, scalable, and serverless analytics. Using modern, fine-grained attribute-based access control (ABAC), data teams can use automated enforcement to apply data access and security policies across Azure Synapse, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL Databases, PowerBI, and more.
Velotix uses automated data tagging and discovery to create a single repository for accessing information and granting and revoking user permissions. It also taps into the power of AI to continuously learn and document organizational policies and external regulations to ensure businesses stay compliant.
In other words, Velotix picks up where Microsoft Azure leaves off, ensuring guidelines set for data handling in Azure are implemented and adhered to within Velotix’s operational framework. As a result, your business maintains high data quality and integrity standards while ensuring privacy regulation compliance. Integrating the two platforms results in a more effective and efficient use of Azure’s features, streamlining operations and ensuring more advanced, automated, and effective data management and governance.